If the Electrical symbols shown are used for Pushbuttons which symbol will you use fo

Sorry for the missing JPG

If the Electrical symbols shown are used for Pushbuttons which symbol will you use for a “Two Hand Tie Down Optical Touch Buttons”?

untitled.jpg

I would draw a box with the labeled terminals. Inside the box, I would show the PB's, relay contcts, etc.

If you are just talking about the Banner Opti-touch buttons, we draw a PB inside a diamond. Kind of like a prox symbol with a push button in it.

To add to what ladder logic stated, it is commonly used for e-stops, and typically any mushroom head functions.

I would not use the one chaka posted, as I wouldn't want to fight ewith the maintenance people what it was.

Granted, the mushroom head is not the most approriate symbol around...

Many local plants expect the machine operators to perform the electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic repairs on the machines the run.

Locally (downstate Illinois) there is a dumbing of maintenance people, specially since the wages are often below $10.00 for skilled help. Companies openly advertise electrician jobs for $6.60-8.00 hour. Was offered $10-12.00 range to be production supervisor in a local multi-million dollar plant, last spring (which also had a UL508 shop.

Even Caterpillar is outsourcing thei machinery maintenance in most of the plants, and some of the head hunter calls I recieve are unbelieveable. Specially when they ask what I want an hour.

I think Rick's idea is pretty good, and not hard to do.

regards.....casey

Two hand pushbuttons alone are not safety devices so if used alone then they are just Pushbuttons so PB1 would apply.

If used as a safety device along with a module then a switch symbol is used but the drawings are more like this.
banner2hand.jpg

sti2hand.jpg

testsubject said:

It looks like you are a fellow ACE user. How long and how do you like it?

I started using ACE since way back in the days when it was called VIA. I started with VIA version 12. Made it all they through VIA 17.0 until Autodesk bought the company out and made AutoCad Electrical 2004.

I love it! The best we can tell, it saves us about 50% of the time after using VIA. Before VIA, I used our own menus.

http://forum.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Downloads&CODE=02&id=146

It helped, but moving onward to VIA was the best thing we ever did. Now that the software is AutoDesk, support SUCKS ofcourse. But I still have all the VIA support guys names and numbers, so I generally call them direct, even though I am not suppose too... ;) Anyway..did I say that....shoot!

chakorules said:

I started using ACE since way back in the days when it was called VIA. I started with VIA version 12. Made it all they through VIA 17.0 until Autodesk bought the company out and made AutoCad Electrical 2004.

I love it! The best we can tell, it saves us about 50% of the time after using VIA. Before VIA, I used our own menus.

http://forum.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Downloads&CODE=02&id=146

It helped, but moving onward to VIA was the best thing we ever did. Now that the software is AutoDesk, support SUCKS ofcourse. But I still have all the VIA support guys names and numbers, so I generally call them direct, even though I am not suppose too... ;) Anyway..did I say that....shoot!

I have been one of Nate's betatesters since 2000. I started when he was with CimLogic. I agree about being able to do everything better since I started using it. I would have to hire another person to be able to keep up if I did not have this software.