motor control

rookie1

Hello,

I'm currently working on a project where I have two very small vibratory motors to assist parts down a chute.I have 12 VDC constant power supply and it is vibrating a little too much.I was wondering if it might be possible to slow these down with a resistor or maybe a potentiometer. I would like to slow the speed down about 30%.

Here is a link to the motors that are on the unit.

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=400&item=DCM-184&type=store

Thanks!

The item states 6-12vdc therefore if you used a potentiometer to vary the voltage it should vibrate less. Make sure the potentiometer is rated (wattage) to handle the current used.

I've seen systems similar to what you describe and they included a pot for control. I would suggest using a locking type dial pot, the ones with numbers so you can easily return to the optimum setting after someone inevitably makes adjustments to it.

Yes a resistor or small rheostat in series would work. If more than one motor is to be on at the same time maybe you could just connect two motors in series. A variable power supply could adjust all the motors at the same time, all the motors may not respond the same so you may need to find a point where they all work (halfast) :D

Thank-you

Well, I ended up with a 25 OHM rheostat, 3.99 to Radio Shack and 5 minutes of soldering and it worked perfect. beerchug

Thanks to those who responded, this Buds for you.