Allen Bradley SLC 100

Mark C

A customer of mine has asked me to back up their PLC code, the processors they have are SLC100 Allen Bradley, any idea of which software package i need to purchase? The connection looks to be a standard PIC connection.

There is a programming kit that consists of the interface and the software. It is catalog # 1745-PCK. The kit contains the software (1745-PCD), interface (1745-PCC), and cable (1745-C1). As mentioned, I am not sure if AB still sells these. If you are looking on ebay these are the part numbers.

There is technical information on the AB website in the SLC 500 manuals area.

http://www.ab.com/manuals/cp/#slc500

I just checked and the SLC 100/150 are on the silver series list. Details can be found at http://www.ab.com/silver/slc100slc150.html. As the 100s are close to being obsolete I would recommend migrating to a micro PLC (1000, 1200, 1500). The cost is minimal and you would have a PLC that is more modern, flexible, maintainable, .....

grs is right on target in suggesting that this old system needs to go away.

Have you talked with your local AB distributor? If you're planning on replacing the SLC-100 with a new-purchase MicroLogix, MAYBE they can help you with downloading (and printing out) the existing code.

Best regards.

SLC 100

I would also look into having AB or a local distributor come out and get the programs out. The biggest problem I see with running the program is finding a DOS based computer to run the program. The software is also pretty expensive if you or your customer do not own a copy.

If all your customer needs you to do is back up the program, Then perhaps they already have EEPROMS???
The part number is 1745-M1.
You need the Handheld programmer to write to them, but you can transfer the program to the PLC automagically on power up.
If you don't have an EEPROM, then you can probably find one.
Someone is selling this one on EBAY (disclaimer... I have no affiliation with the person selling this item)
Of course if the customer wants detailed descriptions & documents on hard copy, then maybe it's time to break out the old wire cutters, and have a ball.
Good luck

Yaaa,

We got one of those. We also got the hand held programmer. Our code is backed up on an EEPROM. You write the eeprom using the hand held unit, then plug it in or store it someplace. We actually have one intalled and two stored. Don't know if either of these items are available from AB, still.

But I'd like to replace the darn thing--just got no time. That's the best course for your customer, I think.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have done it now. I downloaded the software, made a cable, run the software under 'windows 98' and voila, i got the programs and printed them out....Once again ,,ThankYou

To Mark C, Glad you got what you needed.
From where did you download the software?
To 93lt1 and caveman,
See my earlier post and follow the threads.

1745-PCC cable

Hi Mark

Any chance of the cable details as I have to do the same as you.

Neil

Neil P,
Did you check out all the links in all the threads? The answers to your questions are in them. Let me know if I can help further.