Rockwell to Allow Free Download of RSLogix 500 Pro During April

Loof Lirpa

L
I just saw this on www.controls.net.

A-B Rockwell is going to give away fully licensed copies RSLogix 500 Pro during the month of April. They say it's an effort to make up ground lost to Automation Direct and other companies that have much lower cost of entry into their PLC platforms.

Depending on the initial response, they may extend the offer to other Rockwell brand software items.

Here is more news:

Download Free Version of
RSLogix 500 Starter Software
Now you can download RSLogix 500 Starter software and RSLinx Lite software to upload and download to MicroLogix 1000 10-point controllers.

RSLogix 500 Starter software is fully-functional when used with RSLinx Lite software and MicroLogix 10-point controllers.

Additionally, you can use RSLogix 500 Starter software to demonstrate the programming capabilities using our MicroLogix 1000 16- and 32-point controllers (demo only).

I did

Hi all
I already download the software from the link provided above by Loof Lirpa
It's very good. :geek:

All I get with that link is some email site and what specifically could be downloaded?

April Fools day, how could I forget.

Last edited:
In Offshore Magazine a couple of years ago, Dave Gerr, the naval architect
and propellor maven, wrote about an amazing discovery in hydrodynamics
discovered at MIT by Dr. Loof Lirpa. If holes are drilled in the leading edge
of a propeller they act to increase thrust in much the same way as the slots
in an airfoil increase the lift. Numerous magazine readers hauled their boats
and drilled out their propellors. I almost did the same to mine until I noted
that the issue date of the magazine was April 1 and Dr. Loof Lirpa's name
spelled backward is . . . . ;-)

Larry Zeitlin

Dr Loof Lipra

Mickey:

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to comment on my pseudonym...

Hope I didn't cause too much mischief Phil.

BTW, got the shirt, Thanks :site:

nOrM