Honeywell HC-900-C50 I/O Network

jgooding

Long time lurker, first time poster. Does anyone know the protocol that the IO RJ45 Port talks on this processor?

I am trying to automate the rest of our equipment (other than temperature) and was wondering if I could connect anyone else's remote IO besides Honeywell's. I realize I can do this with the serial bus or the main ethernet port, I just do not want to put my IO on the plant network.

Regards,
Jon

The RS-485 port runs

- a proprietary LCN protocol to drive now-obsolete L&N/Honeywell HMI's; the protocol is not documented and of no practical use otherwise.

- Modbus RTU. There are two serial ports, one of which can be a Modbus Master, the other can be a concurrent slave.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Does anyone know the protocol that the IO RJ45 Port talks on this processor?

I am trying to automate the rest of our equipment (other than temperature) and was wondering if I could connect anyone else's remote IO besides Honeywell's. I realize I can do this with the serial bus or the main ethernet port, I just do not want to put my IO on the plant network.

Regards,
Jon

The I/O Port (IO Ethernet Port) is not only a proprietary protocol, it will not work properly if you put any other devices on that network. The IO network should be completely separate from any other network including other vendor's I/O network.