FactoryTalk SE Local Alarms

vettedrivr

I have a question for the FactoryTalk SE Local station experts. I have a production line operating with Contrologix and FactoryTalk SE. The production floor spans several floors with a touchscreen and associated computer running FactoryTalk SE local station on each of the 3 floors. My problem is: when an ALMD instruction is triggered, it shows up on all 3 floors. The people on the 3rd floor don't care about alarms coming from the 1st floor and visa-versa. I would like to be able to target certain alarms to individual operator stations. I have talked to Rockwell tech support and my local distributor help line. They were little help. I also read the FactoryTalk Alarms and Events manual but I've always thought Rockwell manuals were little help. I think this should be an easy problem to correct but I'm not getting anywhere. Somebody here must know how to do this. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Bill

In the Alarm and Event Summary object you can apply a filter. Several actually. You can filter on just about any aspect of the alarm. So identify what makes the alarms for each floor unique and use that as your filter.

OG

You can also change the alarm subscriptions if that suits your purpose better. In simple terms, if you subscribe to only alarms that, e.g., contain the prefix "Floor1", then the alarm page won't even "know about" any of the other alarms.

If you just filter the alarms, the alarm page still "knows about" all the other alarms, but just filters them out and only displays the ones with e.g. the prefix "Floor1".