1769-IF8 - Analog signal jumping around . Any damping instructions I can use ?

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

I have a 1769-IF8 analog ( 4-20 ) input card. Using a calibrator, but the 4-20 signal is jumping around . It is not too critical. Is there any damping instructions I can use to calm the signal going out to the HMI ? In the 1769-IF8 properties I see filtering . This is set at 60 HZ . What does this mean , and do I want to lower this ?

Thanks so much .

I recall some issue with the commons or "Not used" terminal or something with those being wired wrong or possibly missing a jumper causing a lot of signal bouncing around, but it still "works" so it's hard to figure out the problem. I would double-check your wiring against the wiring diagrams in the manual.

As Bob O said, with a calibrator right there, the signal should be dead nuts unless the calibrator is defective.

Check that both ends of any screening, once had a problem where remote I/O was jumping all over the place, screens were connected both ends to ground plus an earth wire, removed the screen at end and cured the problem it's called reflections in transmission lines commonly found in tv arials when two cables are connected to one arial.