Software Utility to Map PLC Network Bus Topology

mbd0722

Software Utility to Map PLC Network Bus Topology

The bus cabling in the Quantum PLC network are long runs and very difficult to trace. The network asbuilts are incorrect. Is there a Schneider Modicon or third party software utility to discover and map the PLC network topology of Modbus non-redundant Cable A, Cable B as well as the Modbus Plus bus? I would like to find out what physical order the Remote I/O Quantum 140CRA93200 Drops and TSX Momentum I/O nodes are connected without having to take down the network. The PLC software loaded is Schneider Modicon Concept 2.5. Thank You

I found that since this RIO network has the drops (140CRA93100) on a modified PLC Redundant Hot Standby/Dual Cable System the Concept STAT block (Online > Controller Status > STAT: Read Controller Status Table) will not obtain the actual health status of either RIO networks on cable A, B or on the TSX Momentum I/O bus. I could have used the STAT block to help with the trace if the network topology was conventional. A third party utility would not be able to perform this function either on a RIO (not Modbus/Modbus+) network. Please correct me if I am wrong.