Difficulty merging backup with PLC stored program.

Earl29

I’m having difficulty merging an older backup file (for its documentation) with the file stored in my Micrologix1200 1762-L40-BWA Series C. The program has had some minor changes since the backup was created. (Floodwaters took my most recent electronic backup but I do have a damp and moldy paper copy of the RSLogix report.)

The message says that the processor name or password doesn’t match. When I view the details of the two files the processor names are the same but the processor id’s are different numbers. Is there a practical way to combine these files?

Earl,

If it's just the documentation you're after, have you tried exporting the database from the backup file and then importing it into the current file ?.

Look up 'ASCII Export' in the RS500 help files. If you get stuck, get back to me.

Tim.