Run two instances of Wonderware InTouch 7.x

mosama

Dear All,

I have two Wonderware InTouch projects built using V7.x. I would like to start two instances of Wonderware InTouch in order to be able to run the two projects using window viewer.

Is that applicable? And if so, how to accomplish this?

Note: It is better if the solution doesn't include using a virtual machine to run the second project.

Why do you want to run 2x instances of Window Viewer?

You could merge the 2 apps together, but then that would require the correct license size.

Merging the two apps is not an option for me. I just need to run them both in parallel.
Any solutions?

I know that using a second machine or a virtual machine will work. I am asking about a solution out of this scope. I need to run the two applications on the same machine.

Use a virtual machine for the second project.

VMWare Player is free.

Edit: Didn't see the above post.

Not sure how much you know about VM's, but a virtual machine runs on the same physical machine/computer. You can set it up to be able to alt-tab and multi-task between the project running on the host (physical machine or OS), and the project running on the guest (virtual machine or OS).

Last edited:
You could run 2 virtual servers, then use thin client to view apps. ACP has software that you can run multiple views at the same time.

Other than that or VM, don't think you will have any luck.

How many times do you need to be told you cannot run 2 instances of wonderware on the same machine!? IT CANNOT BE DONE short of 2 vm's... period...

How many times do you need to be told you cannot run 2 instances of wonderware on the same machine!? IT CANNOT BE DONE short of 2 vm's... period...
🔨
Or merging the applications together.
You have not stated why you want to do this. Also, why are you still on V7, the latest offering is V10.1 :confused:

Thanks. Are there any solutions rather than the VM solution?
Merge the applications together, or don't run them at the same time.

I think my question was very clear. And I think that in the first post i wrote:
"It is better if the solution doesn't include using a virtual machine to run the second project."
So this should give you an indication that I know the VM solution very well.

If you don't know the solution, don't give your opinion. It's very simple :)

Perhaps you were clear. All of the replies have also been clear & in the intent of providing assistance.
If you know that the VM solution very well, then you must understand that you cannot run 2x instances of Intouch at the same time.
This has been made very clear to you, yet you persist in asking for alternatives.