Panelview plus question

stu

Hi guys
I have a question about panelview plus hmi
I understand that there are 2 types of factorytalk software SE &a ME
Which do different things ? But if I have a Hmi programmed with ME could I use SE to write the the hmi if I wanted to create a SE (viewpoint) system or do I need to buy a new hmi ( are the HMI screens compatible with either software)

You can convert a ME to SE but not SE to ME, atleast easily.

You should be able to run viewpoint on a PVPlus to view screens from a SE station

hi stu
the main difference between SE and ME is, that ME allows you create HMI software for panels while SE is for creating HMI software wich runs on a Windows PC (but with SE you can edit ME projects).
SE has more capabilities compared to ME (like vba, better logging/trending).
But if you want to create a program for panelview plus hmi you need ME.