Rslinx using DDE to Excel file

teal845t

I like to know how to use Rslinx with DDE to excel file. I like to monitor i/o using excel.
I want to monitor machine start, stop and faults with date and time on excel.
What processor do I need? I don't know how to set up DDE. I read rslinx help instruction and still did not get it.
Thanks

I set up a DDE topic in RSLinx.

Then in excel, I place the following formula:
=RSLINX|'DDE'!'Tagname'
Where DDE is the topic name set up in RSLinx and Tagname is the address in which you want to watch.

I am using this to watch tags from a Allen Bradley ControlLogix processor.

First, you must have a version of RSLinx that supports DDE. RSLinx Lite will NOT do it.

Then, set up your RSLinx communication drivers so that you can see the processor(s) to be polled in RSWho. From there, follow the instructions in the attached file. It's a step by step cheat sheet I made up from excerpts of RSLinx help.

I hope this gets you going ...

OkiePC, I tried your instruction. I can't find Edit>Copy for step 3 of 4. I have rslinx 2.31.00, I'm using micrologix 1000 just to try.

From the main menu in RSLinx:

sample_000.jpg

I'm using Gateway version 2.43.
If you're using RSLinx Lite, this feature is unavailable.