PV+ System Date Time Adjustment

scottmurphy

Is there anyway to adjust this value without going into the system configuration, ie, can I make it adjustable from a display screen?

I have an remote application where i have used the SDT as the time/date display, but now with the Daylight Savings change, it is an hour out...

scottmurphy said:
Is there anyway to adjust this value without going into the system configuration, ie, can I make it adjustable from a display screen?

I have an remote application where i have used the SDT as the time/date display, but now with the Daylight Savings change, it is an hour out...

Under Global Connections,
tags to update the clock. In my case this is from the PLC , but this could be an on screen tag

pv_clock.gif

You have two options - first you in the Time/Date Settings you can set it to automatically adjust the for DST.

Second you could make a PV screen to set the machine time or set it through the PLC. Either method works, but you need to set the Global Tags in the PanelView and relate them to Integer locations in the PLC.

First option is the easier one by far.

curlyandshemp - looks like we posted at the sametime. Nice screen shot. I forgot you can set the Global parameters to an internal tag. That makes it a lot easier for manual setting the clock.

Have a good day

Under Global Connections,
tags to update the clock. In my case this is from the PLC , but this could be an on screen tag

Yep have this done, but this sends the PV time/date settings to the PLC.
The Remote time/date reads from the PLC.

I have used the SDT parameter, not a direct reference or tag value.

So if I set the remote hour in the global connections, this will automatically update the SDT value? I think it will, just am not 100% sure.

scottmurphy said:
Yep have this done, but this sends the PV time/date settings to the PLC.
The Remote time/date reads from the PLC.

I have used the SDT parameter, not a direct reference or tag value.

So if I set the remote hour in the global connections, this will automatically update the SDT value? I think it will, just am not 100% sure.

Now that I am thinking about it, the clock update is based on a time interval, not a change of value. If a static tag is used, then as soon as the hour changes in the unit, next update interval, the clock will be reset back to the static tag value