Siemens S7 – 300 PLC and WinCC Flex 2007 HMI

peng

Can some one please help me with the following questions on: Siemens S7 – 300 PLC and WinCC Flex 2007 HMI (Simatic touch panel)

Does any one have a procedure as to how to down load and upload plc programs from (Siemens micro memory card - MMC).

When you down load the program to the PLC does it get saved to the MMC right away?

When there is a new PLC code revision, can this be down loaded to the MMC and then when there is a production down time the MMC can be replaced on the PLC and the program be recalled?

Can the PLC program be saved on to the MMC offline, using an external Siemens Device?

Say when a new value is entered on the HMI for a servo move, is this new value saved on to the MMC.

Say you are running a new program with new servo positions. You have an older program saved on another MMC that you want to recall the old servo positions off of. Can you just recall the older values by swapping the MMC

peng said:
Does any one have a procedure as to how to down load and upload plc programs from (Siemens micro memory card - MMC).
To download, I usually download first the HW Configuration - mostly because the dialog in the HW Config allows you to search for a CPU when it is factory fresh. Then I download all blocks from the main Simatic Manager.
To upload, you can use the function "Upload Station to PG". But you wont have any symbols or comments that way. If you have a source project and you are unsure if it syncronised with the PLC, then use the compare function to find if they match. If there are just a few differences, it is easy to copy these over to the offline project, and you will thus retain your symbols and comments.

peng said:
When you down load the program to the PLC does it get saved to the MMC right away?
Yes.

peng said:
When there is a new PLC code revision, can this be down loaded to the MMC and then when there is a production down time the MMC can be replaced on the PLC and the program be recalled?
On an S7-300, when you download to the MMC, the program is immediately activated.
If you want to go back, I suggest you use the Upload station to PG function mentioned before (Upload to a different project with a new name !). This will give you a backup where both code and also actual values of all DBs are retained. With this you can go back to before the changed program.

peng said:
Can the PLC program be saved on to the MMC offline, using an external Siemens Device?
Yes. You can purchase an MMC Prommer. It connects to a USB port.

peng said:
Say when a new value is entered on the HMI for a servo move, is this new value saved on to the MMC.
Sort of. The S7-300 PLC detects when power is turned off, and copies the values of DBs that are selected to be retentive to the MMC.

peng said:
Say you are running a new program with new servo positions. You have an older program saved on another MMC that you want to recall the old servo positions off of. Can you just recall the older values by swapping the MMC
Yes. You must power off the PLC of course.

Hi everyone,

I am looking PLC for controlling water tidal-test tank for laboratory test purposes. Could someone please guide me which PLC should I use? Is Fatek (FBS24-MA, 32 I/O) one good? Basically, it will be using for water level control during loading and unloading of the goods in Marine industry or sea ports.
Information will be really helpful and cooperation will be really appreciated.
Thank you