Panelview 300 communication

w0lfie

I am trying to download a program to a PV300 Micro (M3A18L1) that already has a program on it (bought it used). RS Who happily reports the PV, and the COMM light is on in the diagnostic screen. So I'm pretty sure all of that is set up correctly. Hopefully I'm just missing something obvious.

Here's the setup in RS Linx:
Device Name: AB_DF1-1
Comm Port: COM8
Device: SLC-CH0/Micro/PanelView
Baud Rate: 19200
Station Number: 00
Parity: None
Error: Checking: CRC
Stop Bits: 1
Protocol: Full Duplex

From the computer, I'm using a standard USB to serial (works fine for connecting with PLC), and then the usual AB communication cable. The cable's part number has been missing for a while, but it works with the PLC, too.

The settings in the PV exactly match the configuration in RS Linx. Also, the Comm circle is filled in and the Fault circle is not. It also says connected.

Setup in PanelBuilder32:
X - Automatically use RSLinx if available
Internal DF1 Drivers: (what are these?)
COM4 - Rescan COM Ports does not change this
Configure Internal DF1 Driver has the same info as above.
Hardware handshake is not checked off.

Report from PanelBuilder32:
X - Identifying operator panel
Error 2416 - No ACK received
Verify your cable connections
If you are using a direct connection to a PanelView via DF1, insure that the PanelView does not have its printer port enabled.

I get the same error if I try to upload the program off of the PV.

Off-topic: they misspelled "ensure" as "insure."

nevermind

I figured it out. There's a drop down box I didn't see. Transfer type has to be set to Point-to-point RS Linx. That seems odd, since I had "Automatically use RS Linx" selected in the workstation setup menu.
Oh well, mystery solved.