Tia portal V13 problems

kreacher

Hello,

I have a few question that i would like to ask and hopefully i can get some answers.

I am currently using Tia Portal V13 SP1. When i try to download my project to the PLCSIM it says sometimes that there is an error in the lower level components or that the offline and online versions are different.

Secondly how can i make use of the memory clock of the CPU? I have enabled the clock from the CPU and set the byte for 350. But when i monitor in the plcsim the MB350 no bits flash.

Third i saw that in the older WinCC Flex you could add a HTML page in the SCADA. How can i do this in Tia Portal?

Thank you.

The only bit I can help with:

Secondly how can i make use of the memory clock of the CPU? I have enabled the clock from the CPU and set the byte for 350. But when i monitor in the plcsim the MB350 no bits flash.
Make sure you have downloaded the hardware changes to the PLC.

Hello,

I have a few question that i would like to ask and hopefully i can get some answers.

I am currently using Tia Portal V13 SP1. When i try to download my project to the PLCSIM it says sometimes that there is an error in the lower level components or that the offline and online versions are different.

Third i saw that in the older WinCC Flex you could add a HTML page in the SCADA. How can i do this in Tia Portal?

Thank you.

Turn PLCSIM off and compile your program in TIA to see if there is any error or not.

If there is, what are they? If not, press Ctrl+Shift+X and load your program to PLCSIM and please tell the exact error you get.

You said you cannot run PLCSIM but tried to monitor clock byte? Are they different programs?

You just choose any byte as memory clock and activate it then you’ll be able see the bits of that byte will go on and off.

You can do HTML pages but I haven’t used that one. You can go to “Runtime Settings” of your HMI then “Services” and enable “HTML Pages” then go from there. You need to read more.

Last edited:
What i mean is this.
I open the project. Compile - > no errors or warnings
I Start the simulation. The PLCSIM opens. Then i switch to RUN-P and get System Fault. When i try to download my configuration it says Downloading to device completed without error but when it tries to start up it fails and just remains in SF.

Then i reset the memory of the PLCSIM and download the program from OB1. This is how i tried to monitor the clock bit.

I have a hunch that maybe the hardware config is not loading on the PLCSIM?
When i use the diagnostics tool it says that the
Online and offline configurations are different

Module exists.
OK
Differences were found between the loaded configuration and the offline project.
Online article number: 6ES7 841-0CC05-0YA5
Offline article number: 6ES7 315-2EH14-0AB0
This difference is accepted by the system because the inserted module is compatible with the loaded module.

I'd say something in your hardware configuration is incompatible with PLCSIM. Do you have anything unusual?

I'd create a new program and just add your current CPU without anything. Then enable Clock Memory and try PLCSIM again. If it works, some hardware you use have problem with PLCSIM. If it still doesn't work, PLCSIM has a problem. You can uninstall and install again.

I have changed the CPU from 300 series to 1500 series. The whole project is theoretical so i can use anything i want.

Now it seems to be error from the PLC.

However i have a small problem regarding the trends view in the HMI. I have some trends linked to a scale function and an analog input. The problem is that in the trends the values vary quite often and quite a lot even though in the PLC all the values are constant and equal.

I have changed the CPU from 300 series to 1500 series. The whole project is theoretical so i can use anything i want.

Now it seems to be error from the PLC.

However i have a small problem regarding the trends view in the HMI. I have some trends linked to a scale function and an analog input. The problem is that in the trends the values vary quite often and quite a lot even though in the PLC all the values are constant and equal.

Sorry I don't get it. After you switched to 1500, is PLCSIM working OK or not?

How do you know all the values are constant and equal on the PLC? If you go online and monitor the values by yourself, it might be misleading since they might change very quickly and you cant see it but HMI can catch them when HMI samples the value.

You can change sample time of the variable on the HMI. If it still doesn't work, you can average the output of the Scale function over a second or two and then use that averaged value in your calculations and trend.

The PLCSIM works now on the 1500 version and all the analog inputs are 0 this is why i was saying they're constant.

The PLCSIM works now on the 1500 version and all the analog inputs are 0 this is why i was saying they're constant.

What are you seeing at the trend while the AI is zero?

It might be that the integers and reals you are using for that scale function might be sharing some bits with another variable. Try to use different variables for the scale function.

hIXx18u.jpg

This is what it looks like.

The trend panel has 4 trends. All the trends in the PLCSIM are set 0. All are scaled the same way. When i monitor the scale function they all have 25 on the output but only 1 trends gets to 25.

And the memory bytes aren't overlapping. I just checked the tag table and there is no warning or error it looks fine. Think is it was working properly on the S7 300 but on the S7 1500 it works like this.

This is what it looks like.

The trend panel has 4 trends. All the trends in the PLCSIM are set 0. All are scaled the same way. When i monitor the scale function they all have 25 on the output but only 1 trends gets to 25.

And the memory bytes aren't overlapping. I just checked the tag table and there is no warning or error it looks fine. Think is it was working properly on the S7 300 but on the S7 1500 it works like this.

Are you sure that all the AI's are zero.

I wouldn't trust the tag table. Just create new variables and use a scale function and try again. It looks like memory overlapping issue.

What do you mean by this "All the trends in the PLCSIM are set 0" Set the AI to zero our output of the scale function?