Siemens Laser Scanner LS4-4 AS-i Version

pboll

Hi everyone,

I'm using Siemens LS4-4 PLS which is AS-i Version, it's working, but the problem I have is I cannot get the warning signal.

I can see the amber light came on when there is object in the warning field. Occurding to the manuals, the output of the warning signal is thru AS-i. I'm using CP343-2P as AS-i master, but I cannot get any othing other than e-stop (cut-off the flashing signal).

So what I'm thinking is maybe I need to setup AS-i for the PLS. But how?

Is there anybody have some experience using this one?

Thanks

Im not much help

I have used AS-I one time before but with different hardware. I had a Profibus AS-I master, e-stop, safety gate, etc. Each safety condition (e-stop, safety gate) has to have a safety output. The only way I could get the status of each condition was to assign a non-save output to the condition then bring that into a input on my plc.

I am not much help but there are a few more people on the board that have used AS-I and may have better ideas.