Comments in PLC breaking IO server with Wonderware? #V21 #DASServer

xC0MMAND0x

V21 stores comments in the processor...editing the comments IMMEDIATELY breaks the link from DAS Server in Wonderware.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Does the connection come back on its own? If not, how do you get it back?

What version of DAS are you using? DASABCIP ver 5 is required for ver 21 of clogix according to wware.

I got the information from our local support guy. We are doing a new v.20 install and I wanted to make sure the DASABCIP will support it. When v.19 was first released there was a serious flaw in DASABCIP that would cause PLC to major fault and dump memory. You have to allow WW time to update their comms drivers for each new release of PLC firmware. I believe all of the DA versions are backward compatible.

DASABCIP versions are as follows:
DA v. 4.1.1 ==> CLogix v. 17.x
DA v. 4.1.2 ==> CLogix v. 18.x
DA v. 4.1.3 ==> CLogix v. 19.x and 20.x
DA v. 5.0 ==> CLogix v. 21.x

I got the information from our local support guy. We are doing a new v.20 install and I wanted to make sure the DASABCIP will support it. When v.19 was first released there was a serious flaw in DASABCIP that would cause PLC to major fault and dump memory. You have to allow WW time to update their comms drivers for each new release of PLC firmware. I believe all of the DA versions are backward compatible.

DASABCIP versions are as follows:
DA v. 4.1.1 ==> CLogix v. 17.x
DA v. 4.1.2 ==> CLogix v. 18.x
DA v. 4.1.3 ==> CLogix v. 19.x and 20.x
DA v. 5.0 ==> CLogix v. 21.x

Using 5.0. Still issues...