OPC & CPU 313C Communication

ssharma4

Hello,

Is there anybody who can help me to communicate with Siemens PLC and OPC Server and observe data in opc client.
I have Simantic net + CP5611 + Step 7

thanks

Thanks

My Dear Friend,

I am able to what you told already but now i don't know how to add my cpu313c and download OB, DB etc or you can say make a logic.

Please help me if possible
regards
satish

You need STEP7 to download code and data blocks. You cannot use OPC for that.
There are no special blocks that has to be programmed in the S7 PLC for the OPC server to be able to read and write data to the memory of the S7 PLC.

I know

Dear,

I know that but what is happening. When I open a project I have to insert PC Station as per your last mail. I did the same. In that I have Defined OPC and CP5611 in rack(Hardware configuration) But how to add CPU 313C(MPI Port Only) So that I can access it and make Logic. Because earlier I have not used OPC. What I used to simply configure hardware and insert the hardware what I have. But in this case I have to insert OPC as well as CP5611.so how can I do that because it is not possible to add CPU313c in the same rack.
Please guide me..........
regards
Satish

In the STEP7 project, you now have a "PC Station" with the CP5611 and the OPC Server.
From the Simatic Manager, add an S7-300 station. Add the 313C CPU to the S7-300 station as normal.
You then have a PC Station and an S7-300 station in the same STEP7 project.