ControlNet

I'm trying to go online with ControlNet to a Logix processor. RSLinx finds the bridge, the backplane and the processor fine, but Logix5000 won't allow me to upload or go online.
It's like I need to 'link' L5K to Linx somehow.
Appreciate any thoughts

RSLogix 5000 is really pretty good about this; there is a "Path Bar" that should show the communications path between your PC and the controller.

Usually this is shown in a floating toolbar with a "gears and blocks" icon next to it. If it's not shown, go through the menu View -> Toolbars and check the box for the Path Bar.

[attachment]

The network button on the right side of the Path Bar launches RSWho and lets you navigate to your processor. When you click "Select Project Path" in that RSWho window, the path shown gets copied to the RSLogix 5000 Path Bar.

I find this much less confusing than the RSLogix 500 "program path" and "current path", and I'm glad it's there.

If this doesn't work for you, check your version of RSLinx... anything earlier than 2.2 might need upgrading in order to properly talk to RSLogix 5000.

rsl5k_pathbar.gif

Thanks for the reply.
The path bar shows the correct route to the processor. I'm using linx 2.31 which didn't work, so upgraded to 2.4 - exaclty the same - but now my pc crashes more. I love it.
One more thing... I can use DF1 to go online fine.

Last edited:
Ugh. If your computer is crashing, there's something more wrong than just the RSLinx path.

Let's start from the beginning; which version of RSLogix 5000 are you running, what's your firmware in each 1756-CNB, and are you running any Windows service packs ?

This probably is something to take up directly with RSI Technical Support, as it's likely specific to your PC and not a product or configuration problem.