Anyone interested in a Beckhoff CP6702 panel pc?

g.mccormick

Lifetime Supporting Member
I keep moving this thing around my garage thinking I will do somehting with it. I did power it up a few weeks ago, and it seems to work fine. Windows XP imbedded. It was used when I got it.

CX6702-0001-0010

I don't know what fair price is, but if you're interested let me know.

I'm not that familiar with beckhoff units, is this just an hmi or can it run ladder logic, or can the HMI run vbscript?

It's an industrial PC with a SoftPLC kernel. With XP embedded it's probably with a TwinCAT 2 runtime. The panel can execute applications such as Visualisations (Basic HMI functions) or third party SCADA software such as Indusoft with a TwinCAT driver.

You can do ladder in TwinCAT if you have masochistic tendencies, but the real strength is in Structured Text.

@CommissioningMan

Thanks, that is exactly what I was wondering. I knew their PLC's run windows ce so I was hoping this could have a softPLC.

... and my
masochistic tendencies
are between me and my machines.

I have bought Beckhoff parts for home projects on ebay, CX processors and mostly EL modules. Generally, used parts sell for ~1/2 list price on ebay (good return), though I have found better deals. I have even seen parts asking more than list when new Beckhoff parts were long delivery.

I can't find PN CX6702. Closest I find is CP6702-0001-0010, which is simply a 15" 1024x768 touch-screen without a processor. There are similar PN's like CP6700-0001-0050 which do have an integrated Atom CPU w/ TwinCAT behind the screen. I recall the earlier displays w/ CPU used the old CX1000 processor, so perhaps one of those and PN's no longer listed on the website. All those would be limited to TwinCAT2 runtime. You would have to do legwork to find exactly what you have to get top dollar on ebay.

It is a CP6702-0001-0010. It has WindowsXP and a TwinCat that allows connection to IO. It does not have a PLC engine.

It would be useful as a host for hmi, or to run a windows program to control IO. That is what it appears to have come from, there is a windows program that controlled something. I was going to use it for running an AdvancedHMI display. I got as far as turning it on, and attempting to run the AdvancedHMI from jump drive, but it needs .NET updated/installed.

I develop HMI's mostly in VB.net. I usually run them on a desktop PC connected to the Beckhoff runtime CPU, but have run a few exe's right on the Beckhoff CPU, usually a CX5010 (Atom), (still develop the VB program on a desktop PC). As I recall, .net 4.0 is the highest allowed for WinXP, but you can check Microsoft's site. I think Archie started AdvancedHMI years ago when 4.0 (or even 3.5) was common. You can try Building for it (change in "My Project" tab in Visual Studio). A big jump to .net 4.5, with the latest version termed 4.7.2 (or such). Win 10 includes .net (no user install needed), though perhaps not in the embedded images Beckhoff ships. Anyway, pass on the hints for the guy who inquires about buying it.