RSLogix500 Bug

Is this a problem that you have heard about, Stickman47, or is it one you have experienced yourself ? I'm asking because I haven't heard about it and I use and support RSLogix 500 every day.

I also have a notoriously difficult time disproving rumors :D

Logix has pretty confusing "Program Path" and "Current Path" arrangement, so it's easy to get mixed up and fail to go online... there have been plenty of step-by-step threads about how to get through that.

If you can tell us what version of RSLogix 500 you're running, and precisely where in the menus you encountered the problem, that would help a lot.

A/B support stated that this was a "known problem" with RSLogix500. The problem I have is that I can't get the driver to change. The ladder program is asking for driver AB_KT-4. I was told by tech support that I should be able to select the driver I want from the list and it would change on the screen, allowing me to go online with the processor. Currently the program says it cannot connect to the processor because driver AB_KT-4 is not running. I did not have my program serial number handy when I spoke to tech support so they would not go any further with the explanation.

Again, what version of RSLogix 500 are you running, and what menu are you having problems with ?

If you select Comms -> System Comms and then navigate down through the RSLinx drivers that you *do* have running all the way to the SLC-5/04 CPU that you want to go online with, RSLogix 500 should be able to go online if you click the "Online" button. Otherwise, an error message should appear.

The driver name makes me suspicious; "AB_KT-4" implies that four 1784-PCMK or 1784-KTX drivers have been configured at one time on this PC without deleting the others; either you have a bunch of DH+ cards or there's something wrong with the basic driver setup in RSLinx.

Are you sure you can browse down to this SLC-5/04 using RSLinx and the "AB_KT-4" driver ?

Sounds like the configured driver in RSLogix is an AB-KT1 and he is trying to go on line with a driver called AB-KT4. Rename one of the the drivers so that linx and logix are using the same name for the driver. Regards Alan