S7 - identifying Screen Number in WinCC Flexible 2005

RMA

Identifying the currently active Screen Number in ProTool is pretty easy, but so far I haven't been able to find a simple way of doing this in WinCC Flex. I've worked around the problem so far by setting Marker Flags on entering a Screen and then deleting them on leaving the Screen but I don't really like it.

Does anybody know if there's an inbuilt function to identify Screens Numbers in Flex (so far I haven't even been able to identify a Screen Number in Flex, never mind find a function to read it!), or alternatively has anyone any thoughts on a more eloquent way to achieve the same result.

Edit:
I've now discovered the successor to ProTool's Area Pointers under Communication and Screen Number is a pre-defined Area-Pointer, so that's no Problem just assign a DB and off we go.

Still leaves the big question, how do I find out which Screen Number WinCC Flex allocates to a particular Screen?

Last edited:
Hi Roy.

In the project tree, you select the desired screen and right-click with the mouse, then open the properties from the menu.
In the "general" group of properties is the "Number" setting.

For all other objects, alarm messages, tags, connections etc. you get a nice grid view of all the various properties, but not for the screens.
Another one for the wish-list.

Edit: How could you have missed it, it is in the same dialog as where you set the "Loaded" and "Cleared" events ? Need stronger glasses ? ;)

Last edited: