AI module configuration Error on Redundant ControlLogix5563 system

nibed

I have a problem with AI module (1756 IF16) error (module fault: 16x0009, additional fault code:16x0001). Explanation for the error is:

0x0009 ==> The configuration for the module is invalid. The module configuration may have been changed in the data monitor or programmably. Verify that configuration is valid by using the module configuration software to validate your configuration.

16x0001 ==> configuration of the I/O module is not synchronized with another configuration owner (controller) or an invalid reconfiguration procedure detected. Check that all controllers for this module have the same configuration.

The fault code discription is really good b iu dont know how to resolve this problem. When i try to load configuration (from rslogix 5000) on my secondary controller i recieve error message: Failed to modify module properties. Operation is not alowed to a synchronized secondary.

I must say that i am remotely connected to online redundant controllers (5563) so I don't have physical access to modules. On FactoryTalk SCADA I recieve the data normally, but it's highlited because of diagnostic involved with visual aspect of tag representation.

Not sure exactly what's happening, but I would recommend connecting to the primary processor and insure it has the correct I/O configuration for the IF16 (check the IF16 manual at www.ab.com/literature for details.) The primary will replicate to the secondary automatically, so I wouldn't troubleshoot by connecting to the secondary, just the primary.

Not sure exactly what's happening, but I would recommend connecting to the primary processor and insure it has the correct I/O configuration for the IF16 (check the IF16 manual at www.ab.com/literature for details.) The primary will replicate to the secondary automatically, so I wouldn't troubleshoot by connecting to the secondary, just the primary.

Tx. The configuration was reconfigured online by an engineer. After that the problems started. He just changed configuration and applyed that changes to online system. We have redundant controllers with redundatt AI module as well. Online configuration parameters on Primary and Secondary controllers are the same. After Disqualifiing Secondary controller and inhibiting the AI module and applying configuration changes on both controllers the fault is still there.

I tried multiple things. None of them worked. Does anybody knows if controller syncronization besides program also synchronizes IO Configuration?

Mr. Tierney's advice is important": you never make edits or changes to the Secondary in a ControlLogix Redundancy system. Any edits or configuration changes must be made to the Primary controller, and they will be propagated to the Secondary controller automatically by the Redundancy Manager modules.

If it were my system I'd try a Reset of the module, or have somebody onsite physically remove and re-insert it.

Be certain that there are no other controllers outside of the Redundancy system that might be attempting to make an I/O connection to the Analog module.