Newbie: Problem with Totalizing (Retentive) Timer with OMRON Plc

ashrafazmi

Hello all, I'm an 'Instrumentation & Control System' final year student. Currently I'm doing my final year project and using PLC (OMRON) as my control platform.

The problem is even when I'm successfully compile the whole program, it seems the Totalizing Timer do not count as usual timer i have worked with.

I'm using the Totalizing Timer as it able to hold its value when deactivate and continue counting using present value (PV) until it reach the set value (SV).

On a side note, i found out during the donwload process from my PC to the PLC memory, it mentions the transfer of 'expansion instruction' failed. Is this the problem?

Many thanks for your attention and help guys!

totalizing_timer.jpg

On a side note, i found out during the donwload process from my PC to the PLC memory, it mentions the transfer of 'expansion instruction' failed. Is this the problem?

This depends on what PLC model you are using, some it is via a s/w switch, and others it is via an actual dip switch.

The PLC model will also determine if the TTIM instruction is an expansion instruction or not. Did you have to add the TTIM from the list of expansion instructions?

Which model you use?
some of them need to allow 'expansion instruction' by switch or software.

If it CQM you need to set the switch if it model with out switches you need to mark it on the setting.then download the setting .
Most important after the downloading switch the power off then on.

This depends on what PLC model you are using, some it is via a s/w switch, and others it is via an actual dip switch.

The PLC model will also determine if the TTIM instruction is an expansion instruction or not. Did you have to add the TTIM from the list of expansion instructions?

The PLC model is 'CQM1H - CPU21'. Yes, i have to add the TTIM from the expansion instructions and it supposed to be TTIM(87). I think this model is on DIP switch. But on the PLC i could not find it really.

The PLC model is 'CQM1H - CPU21'. Yes, i have to add the TTIM from the expansion instructions and it supposed to be TTIM(87). I think this model is on DIP switch. But on the PLC i could not find it really.

If you lift the cover above where you plug in your serial cable/peripheral adapter, and turn on Switch 4, this enables user defined expansion instructions.

This is all in the manual, do you have this?

If you lift the cover above where you plug in your serial cable/peripheral adapter, and turn on Switch 4, this enables user defined expansion instructions.

This is all in the manual, do you have this?

I found the switch and did as what you said sir. Voila! That solves the problem wonderfully. Btw, i do not have the manual because i borrowed the PLC from my university's laboratory. Probably i should ask if the manual is available.

Thank you for your help and wish you a nice day!