Quickpanel Jr display problems

robl3577

We have an old piece of machinery that is rarely used. Part of the machine is run from a quickpanel jr QPJ1d100s2p, v1.01, mfg date 1294.
We attempted to start up the machinery this week and the screen has gone dark. When you press the display I hear beeps so I believe the touchscreen is working but it is black.
I have opened up the unit and was hoping to replace the backlight but there is no part number on it and I can't find a manual or info online for a replacement.

Do you think the backlight is the problem? We do not currently have the software and cables to connect to the quickpanel with a laptop.

We are supposed to run this process on Tuesday.

Thank you for any help
Rob

I believe you need QuickDesigner V2.x, and definitely this cable:

HMI-CAB-C49 (Total Control/Proface part number)
GPW-CB02 (Proface part number)

GPW-CB03 (Proface part number - might not work with QD V2.x)

*** the above are two part numbers for the same cable.

I only remember the bigger QuickPanels having orderable backlights, not the smaller ones (like you have).

Can the juniors also be imported into proficyME as well. I have done this with quick panels.

As for a cable. I use a cable from geniusintraining on the forum at www.plccable.com. I'll grab a part number for you in a bit.

Well it's not the bulb. I swapped it from a spare unit and it is working fine. I think the original bulb was actually still working as well and I just mis-diagnosed it.
I still have a blank screen, but certain places on the screen beep when I push it. I replaced the display with a spare and I still have a blank screen that beeps when pushed in certain places.
Now I am really stumped. If the display is actually working, then when it is powered on wouldn't it display the quickpanel logo or something? I get nothing. Just a bright blank screen. Seems odd that two different screens would be bad.
Why else would it be blank but beeping when touched?