You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 16th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #1
krome
United States

Profibus drive

Hello

i have successfully got a profibus communication to the drives I am able to send and receive data to a PLC. the drive is simoreg 6ra70 I have 10 drive I want to have communicate to a PLC at the moment I only have 7 drive working. I have two drive between two other drive not working. Basically I got node 3 and 9 working, but node 5 and node 7 not working. I also change the drive with node 9 to node 7 to check if it was a PLC problem but it work on that drive. I also change the profibus card from one of the other drive that work to a drive that wasn’t working but it did not do anything. Then I installed the card back to it original drive, that drive also doesn’t work now. The red and gold/yellow LED lights are blinking in the profibus card on the drive that do not work.

Any suggestion???

Thanks for your help
Old February 17th, 2009, 07:44 AM   #2
TurpoUrpo
Lifetime Supporting Member
Finland

"The red and gold/yellow LED lights are blinking in the profibus card on the drive that do not work."

Read the manual for what it means.

Check cabling and correct use of end resistors.
Old February 17th, 2009, 07:46 AM   #3
Manglemender
United Kingdom

The timing of the lights flashing can give you an indication of what the problem is, I think it's described in the drive manual.

First check the cabling very thoroghly to ensure that all he cnnections are secure, the right way round (A and B not swapped) and that there is terminator a each end of the bus.

Second check that each slave has a unique address set (P918?) and verify that they are all seen on the bus by the master (If using S7, go online with hardware manager).

Once all are OK at the hardware level, tha only leaves your software.

Nick
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum