Studio 5000 Installation Error

T Gibbs

My laptop ended up with a virus so it had to be sent to out corporate IT dept to be cleaned. It got cleaned all right! I lost everything, so I'm having to reinstall all my software. I called Rockwell and they reset the codes on my discs so I can reinstall it. I was able to install version 24, but I also need 21.03. When I try to install it I get a box asking me to insert the Studio 5000 install CD. Anybody seen this? I asked Rockwell and they want money to help me.

Didn't really help me. I had 24 and 21.03 on my laptop before. I'm not understanding why it's asking me to insert the disc when the disc is in there.

There is one entry in the knowledgebase talking about an insert CD prompt, but it was for version 20.01. It doesn't seem to apply to your situation, but here is the "answer":

"RSLinx Lite folder has been removed from installation folder of RSLogix 5000. Download software again or copy from your external hard drive."

Perhaps a portion of your CD is corrupted or unreadable? You could try installing it in another machine to see if you get the same prompt.

Last edited: