SIEMENS Profibus dp between s5 and s7

StanleyZhou

does any one have the experience with profibus dp communications between S5(use IM308C , as DP master) and S7-315-2dp(as slaves)?
I would like to have a talk with this topic with you.
thanks

I am currently doing a project that is S5-155 944b to an S7-318dp through a IM-308c. How can I be of service?

Hi, Lenny, do you use the cpu 318 as the master or use the im308c as the master?
as I know, you need a siemens PG to download the configuration of the IM308c, you need the software COM PROFIBUS V3.3 OR higher.
I think that if the cpu318 as the master, then it should be more easier to set up the communication.but what I am going to do is use the IM308C as a Master and two cpu315-2dp as the slaves.

Stanly,

I'm using the 318 as a master. My task is to make the S7 controller use existing 115 I/O. There are 8 racks of 115 I/O that are almost fully populated with cards. It turned out that I could not address all the racks in DP format due to the routing overhead in DP. So I am using FB192 (a standard siemens S5 block) to map all the I/O into data blocks and they are read by and written to by the 308.

It is a bit confusing doing it like this in that there is a master/slave setup in the 308 program. Siemens calls it a "Default Host". I think with the 308 as master this goes away and the configuration shows master and slaves.

Yes you need to have the S7 software, S5 software and Com Profibus software. I had a lot of trouble with the Com Profibus stuff. It took some patches from siemens to make it run politely in Windows 2K pro.

Lenny