RSView Studio Application copy

kupeyy

I have created a program in RSView Studio Machine Edition and I need to copy that application for backup purposes and to transfer it to a new machine. Now I found the project file, but I am not able to copy it and then open the copy

I also looked into taking a runtime file and restoring it with no luck. One other thing I was trying was using the application manager to create a copy.

Unfortunatly I was not successful in copying an application and then restoring it. Can anyone give me some direction?

Is this the error you are seeing? I tried to copy an ME application using the application manager and received this error. But without RSView Studio running and using the application manager I could create a backup

copy_1.jpg

If so, then you must launch Application manager as a separate program without RsView Studio running

You will find the application here:

rsview_1.jpg

Ian

Last edited:
Use the Application Manager and create a Backup. This will create one file that contains your entire project. Copy that file to another PC and perform a Restore.

Copy is really only intended to copy to a new project on the same PC.

OG

I appreciate all this help. I actually figured it out browsing around on my own before I seen the previous two posts. Both were right on my money. I got the file backed up and restored successfully

Thank you for your help!