CompactLogix program won't download?

Zlinger

I have a 1769-L30ER - SER A that I am having a bit of trouble with. It is brand new out of the box today.

I can create a program from scratch & download without a problem, but I want to download an existing program to it, and for some reason it won't work. I have ensured that the program revision, and the firmware in the controller, match (20.11). However, when I attempt to download the existing program, for some reason it does not go through, and I get no error message either. The normal download screen appears, I click the button, the small pop-up appears saying "verifying routines, etc...", then that closes and the controller remains offline and the program has not transferred.

The only difference that I can see between the existing program that I want to download, and a new program that I create from scratch and download successfully, is the controller type being 1769-L30ER and 1769-L30ER/A.

Is it not possible to download a "1769-L30ER" program to a "1769-L30ER/A" controller?

Thank you very much for any advice.

Have you tried to verify the program offline that you are trying to download? When you try and download it won't necessarily display a pop up type error, if something is wrong you may have to click on the view menu and select to view errors. If the validation failed it should tell you why in there.

Thank you for the replies. It was an error in the program that was causing this issue. It has been a while since I have used Logix5000, but in previous versions, I could have sworn that it wouldn't let you attempt to download if you had errors (maybe I'm mistaken about this). I didn't try manually verifying the routines since I was under the impression that this program is working fine on other sites.

Thanks again for the help. Problem solved.

Starting a download automatically initiates a verification.

Any problems with the code will prevent download, and the error(s) will be annunciated in the "Errors" window, which should "pop-open" automatically. Unless you manually shrunk this window down, it would be hard to miss.