ftview studio error

Abdul03

Dear Friends,

I have uploaded a program from the panelview. However, when i am trying to restore it in the factory talk studio it gives me a following error.

"this runtime application was saved in a protected format that doesn't allow conversion to a development application"

Even though there is no password given to the runtime file when first downloaded.

I have attached a error file. Please, if somebody can able to suggest something that would be appreciate.

Thank you.

error.png

Hey Abdul,

When the runtime file was created, the Never allow conversion was selected. Select Always allow conversion or Conversion protected by password when you create the runtime file. Always allow conversion is the default.

hope it helps

runtime.JPG

msajid said:
...When the runtime file was created, the Never allow conversion was selected. Select Always allow conversion or Conversion protected by password when you create the runtime file. Always allow conversion is the default...

Not always msajid...

It may be that the "Always allow conversion" option just was not selected at compile time, but there is another possibility...

Abdul03,

If the MER was originally compiled under a 64-bit OS, at v6.00 or less, then the default at compile time is "Never allow conversion". This is because of the Watcom tag database's incompatibility with the 64-bit OS. The 32-bit tag DB cannot be added to an MER compiled under a 64-bit OS.

If the MER was created at v6.10 or higher, under a 64-bit OS, then the "Always allow conversion" or "Conversion protected by password" options may have been Greyed out at compile time. To solve this, you would have to compile the MER under a 32-bit OS, such as Windows XP Mode.

You would then also have to restore it under a 32-bit OS, and then it can be opened for editing under a 64-bit OS, provided that the latest FTVS patch roll up is installed under the 64-bit OS first...

466418 - FactoryTalk View - Patch Roll-up for CPR9 SRx
Access Level: Everyone

What version of FactoryTalk View Studio are you using?
What OS (32-bit/64-bit) are you trying to restore it under?

Did you create the runtime file?
If so, using which version of FTVS and under which OS?

Do you know what version the MER was compiled at?
Which firmware version is the PanelView terminal using?

Hopefully you have the original MED project, and hopefully it's a simple case of just selecting "Always allow conversion" while compiling the MER a second time. If not, and you need further assistance, then please answer the above questions.

Regards,
George