Omron CQM1H With Modbus Comms

JPM1

I have a CQM1H With SCB41 and want to talk Modbus Master with the 485 and 232 port. I am new to OMRON and have no idea how to communicate through the 485 port via modbus. I am familier with AB and messaging to a device but cant find how are where to set the protocol for modbus. The manuel I have has nothing on modbus and is not very helpful to me in this matter.I am in a time crunch on this project and dont have much time to learn OMRON in and out. Any info are example code would be great.

This website rocks for general questions on all aspects of PLC's.
For more specific information on Omron PLC's using MODBUS you might try going to the Omron section of MRPLC.COM.

In a nutshell, you will need to run a protocol macro instruction to execute Modbus communication on the SCB41.

Bits N Bytes suggestion is a good one. I just checked and the code is on the MrPLC download section for the protocol macro you need.

Hopefully you have CX-One which includes CX-Protocol, the software for creating and editing protocol macros.

You will also need the CQM1H programming manual to understand how to setup the instruction in your logic. Programming Manual is W364. Manual for the SCB is W365. These can be downloaded from www.omron247.com.

Hope this will help. Let us know if you have any questions.