Prosoft Flow Computer MVI56/69-AFC opinion

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone,
Has anyone on the Forum used the Prosoft Flow Computer before? What was your opinion of it? I am quoting a well pad job and was looking at the MVI69-AFC for the flow computer. Please give me your thoughts.

Hi everyone,
Has anyone on the Forum used the Prosoft Flow Computer before? What was your opinion of it? I am quoting a well pad job and was looking at the MVI69-AFC for the flow computer. Please give me your thoughts.

my opinion is will the meter techs be able to understand how to configure and calibrate it? Any meter tech will know how to calibrate and configure a totalflow. You 'may' save a little bit of money by going with the mvi69-afc over say a microflow on each of your meter runs, but long term, it will cause much more confusion and heartache.

Its kind of like using a PLC to act as an alarm for your home. an you do it? yes. The next guy up may not be appreciative though. So I recommend going with industry standard.

I agree with diat's assessment.

On a multiwell pad it's pretty cool to have an all in one solution but as nice as afc manager is it's not nearly refined as other products plus they are scared to log into it some of them think it will ESD the site. Also flow checking is not as easy. You can have multiple ones in the same.rack depending on needs. Its modbus compliant for scada.

I've used them with good success, but they are probably not the best choice for a wellpad imho.
I've been using a ABB XRC to do most of the measuring on a 12 well pad. My two cents.