Migration from Coros LS-B/FlexOS to InTouch

falcon76

We plan to migrate a project from COROS LS-B/FlexOS to Wonderware InTouch. The Coros is currently connected to several S5 PLC via the Sinec H1 network. Wonderware's own IO Server S5TI-500 will be used to interface with the system.​
Is there any documention/migration procedure available for this migration?​
Will there be any problem in using this solution and any PLC modificaiton required? any signal (e.g. alarm message) that InTouch might not able to access?​
Any feedback is very much appreciated.​
Thank you in advance.​

Your COROS LS-B/FlexOS may have special communication channel (PMC channel) for communication, alarm message, etc. with S5 and with this special channel, the message will keep information in PLC. The way to know that PMC was used or not by looking at S5 PLC program.
I'm currently working with COROS LS-B/FlexOS migration but to WinCC with special PMC channel.

You are right. It is the same over here, where they are using the PMC channel. It seems that WinCC is the easiest solution for Coros upgrade. It is quite expensive as we not only need to buy the CP1613 and its driver, but also the PMC driver as well.

We have 7 Coros connected directly to the SinecH1 network. It will be very costly if simliar architecture is maintained. Will there be any problem if we use only one PC (with WinCC Server option) to interface with Sinec H1 and the other clients (coros previously) connect to this PC as WinCC Client?

By the way, is there any WW IO Server that can communicate with PMC driver?

Thanks

I don't think Wonderware has PMC Channel.

COROS may not able to be WinCC Client because different structure. Contact Siemens you will get the right answer.

"Will there be any problem if we use only one PC (with WinCC Server option) to interface with Sinec H1 and the other clients (coros previously) connect to this PC as WinCC Client?"

Sorry that I may not I understand your question. If only 1 WinCC server, the system may not flexible and reliable when this one fail.

Thanks for your replies.

If this is the case we will then put another PC to provide failover/redundancy features.

Coa, do you have any documentation on PMC DLL Driver and on how this driver interfaces with WinCC?

I plan to use back the existing network infrastructer (thick ethernet) for the WinCC Server/Client communication.

Just to double confirm, can we have more than one protocol (e.g. Sinec H1, ISO, TCP/IP) installed/running on the same network backbone? where on this network, the WinCC Server will communicate with PLC via PMC communication / ISO and WinCC Client will communicate with WinCC Server via TCP/IP.

Last edited:
I plan to use back the existing network infrastructer (thick ethernet) for the WinCC Server/Client communication.

Just to double confirm, can we have more than one protocol (e.g. Sinec H1, ISO, TCP/IP) installed/running on the same network backbone? where on this network, the WinCC Server will communicate with PLC via PMC communication / ISO and WinCC Client will communicate with WinCC Server via TCP/IP.