GE fanuc CMM 311 communication problem???

I have a communication co processor module(CMM 311)installed in a GE 90-30 PLC.I have connected the PC serial port to the 25 pin port(tried with PORT 1 & 2) of the module using a custom cable.I am using versapro software.

1.Is it possible to establish connection between PC and PLC and to download ladder logic through a direct connection to this module?
if yes how?I couldn't establish a connection.The protocol setting and the serial port parameters seems to be matching.

2.Is there any free third party software by which I can read the register contents of PLC in a PC connected directly to the CMM 311 ?

3.When I tried to store hardware configuration and logic to the PLC flash,I 'm getting a message 'Insufficient privilege level'.The CPU passwords are disabled and the privilege level 4 is chosen.How can I get around of this problem??

thankyou
Abhilash

GE Fanuc CMM311 and VersaPro

1. Yes, all you need is the right cable and all Serial paramaters equal, you will not be able to upload the hardware config through this port.
2.Not that I know of, but you can use VersPro as a Server and collect the register information into Excel, directions for this are on the installation CD.
3.If your PLC has a switch on it, the default use of this switch is to protect from writing to Flash, turn it to the "OFF" position and it should work.