s7 300 simulation

topalisg

Hello to everybody. I have the step7 v5.2 without licence for simulation. How can I simulate the programs? Is it any other program exept from plcsim?

You also need simatic manager for Step 7. In the simatic manager you can start the simulator. (Options > simulate modules).

Now you can download the program to the simulator just like you would do with a real plc. (First hardware configuration download, then blocks download, then test software).

The ability to start the simulator from the manager doesnt "fix" the problem with the missing license.

There are alternatives to Siemens S7-PLCSIM, but they also cost money.

If you have a spare CPU, then you can use it for running your program in simulated mode for "free".
If you dont have the i/o modules then you can still run the program on the CPU. You have to make sure that the CPU property "Cycle/Clock memory" .. "OB85 callup at i/o error" is set to "no OB85 callup".