GP-Pro EX

nmurray

I am at a loss on how to do this seemingly simple task.

I am trying to set a value to a Float Variable using a MOV statement.

S1 = 0.5 it changes this to 0r0.5
D1 = TestFloat (Variable I created to test this, it is of Type Float Variable)

I get this error:
3408 INIT:2 S1 The data type or attribute of the operand does not match other operands. Change the data type or attribute.

I have tried moving 0 or 1 to the TestFloat variable and still no luck, I'm not sure how GP-Pro wants me to type in a float value.

I get this error:
3408 INIT:2 S1 The data type or attribute of the operand does not match other operands. Change the data type or attribute.

Based on this it looks like you are trying to move a float into a Integer register. Many devices wont let you do that.

ugh I think I solved my problem.. it must be 0f0.5

I thought I tried this earlier but apparently not.

However this brings up a different issue, how can I convert an input to a type of float?
I was hoping to move it to a float variable then scale it so I can get a decimal point.
Or will the input show a decimal point based on my scaling setting I setup for the input?