Machine monitoring PLC, HMI, SMS text ideas

tacm

Hi guys, I am looking for ideas for a machine monitoring project for my facility. We curently have almost 40 CNC machine centers ranging in age from 1982 to 2008. I want to develop a system that will monitor machine status, parts per hour, alarms, ect. I have a handle on how to integrate the I/O to the machines, what I am looking for is ideas for the display of this information. Presently I am leaning tward a micrologix 1100 with a red lion HMI. I am interested in being able to veiw the machine data via the web, and having the controler send an SMS message when a machine is down for X number of minutes. I know the controler and the HMI both have Web server capabilitys, but I have never set one of these up. I would like a custom web site, where managment can log in, sellect a machine and view the operation in real time. Does anyone have any thoughts, or ideas on this project? I will want to stay with AB controlers and AB or Redlion HMIs