why the two out of phases is called single phase ??

A quick Add
Double the voltage halve the current. The resistance stays the same

At the end of the day it doesn't matter, it just is.
Welcome to the sitehave to use a better estop circuit as to meet regulations anyway.

All devices have a resistance
All devices have a resultant load (current)
The PUSH is the Voltage

As far as Australia is concerned we are the same sized country as the mainland of USA.
But we only have 20 million people living here

This means we need to push power further between power stations, hence, we use a higher voltage

The reason we have a lower frequency . I don't care really

What do you use for HV transmission? I live in Canada, we are spread out even more than you are. The highest transmission voltage in my province is 230KV

Our HV goes from
500kv, 220KV, 113KV, 66KV, 22KV, 11KV, 6KV
The reticulation voltage is 420V P-P 240v P-N

The lower the current the lower the cable size - the cheaper the cable run
The lower the Voltage drop over the length

Note I was also confused a lot about why 2 hot wire 240 house circuits are called single phase. But the diagram does explain it. The signals are of the same exact phase in degrees of sine wave, there is just 240 volts across them, rather than 120 which is the midpoint of the coil (secondary).
I suppose there is a desire to equate the number of phases to the number of wires (1 hot wire = 1 phase, 2 hot wires = 2 phases, and so on). That is totally bogus thinking. The only way to tell is to look at how many phases (not wires) are feeding the circuit. 1-hot wire and 2-hot wire circuits can both be fed from a single phase of a 3-phase system.

It can get confusing
But
240volt is single phase (one hot wire) two wires to a house
Two phase 420v / 240v (two hot wire) three wires to the house.
Not very common in city areas

There are some country areas which still have
'Single wire earth return' systems. These are still gradually being replaced