MD-204 HMI Panel programming issue

wrapitpkg

I have a HMI panel program that I have downloaded before into MD-204 type panels, and they worked fine. I used an old XP laptop with a 9-pin serial port. (I do not have this laptop any more . unfortunately)

I updated to a new laptop, and I cannot get my new laptop to work via a Sabrent or Prolific USB to serial 9pin to work, after trying all kinds of things.

I tried using a NUL cable to in between in case the USB to serial was different . . but it did not work.

I even took a 2nd pc to serial cable that I had and crossed switched out the #2 and #3 connectors, thinking that the two communication lines might be different with USB . . all to no avail. ( I added that extra cable after the USB/serial cable before attaching to the HMI.

Can any one out there offer any assistance . . please ?

I have tried to download other drivers for the USB to serial but still nothing works. I get "check the power and/or cable connections" after trying.

Thanks....
Mike