Report Builder 3.0 with SQL Express/FTView SE

Roksan

I have a requirement to produce date-range selectable reports from a panel mounted PC running FactoryTalk View SE. So far I have FactoryTalk logging a mixture of string data and float values to an SQL Server Express database. My first problem arises when I try to use Microsoft Report Builder 3.0 to display the data in date order in a table. MY SQL knowledge is very limited. I can build a dataset that includes 'FloatTable.Val' and 'StringTable.Val', but don't know how to get all float and all string values for a given date and time onto a single row in a report. I guess my query needs to include the 'TagIndex' field somehow from the database to select particular float and string values. Once I (hopefully) get this working, the next task will be to be able to select a date range for the data to be specified at the HMI, and to trigger report generation from the HMI. I assume report viewing could be achieved by opening a web browser on the HMI and specifying the report server URL?
I also don't have any high level language programming skills. I've attached the query I've cobbled together so far in Report Builder, and the resulting output of that query.

Any help, advice or code examples would be greatly appreciated.

Query.jpg Query Results.JPG