Omron 3G3RV drive Modbus

djpalaz

Hello all,

Im using modbus to communicate to an Omron 3G3RV drive. Im trying to use parameter A1-03 to initialize the parameters to the user initial parameters by writing 1110 to the register. Through the keypad of the drive it works fine. Does anybody know if there is a limitation that you cant initialiaze through communications?

A1-03 is usually done at the initial start up of the drive. After that most parameters are not changed. You have to store the "USER PARAMETERS" by setting 02-03 to 1 and the parameters are then saved as the "USER PARAMETERS". Maybe after you set 02-03 you might be able to then set A1-03 value to 1110 from the comms.

Why do you feel the need to initialize the drive to the user constants later on?

You can store the final setup program in the Key Pad via 03-01 and 03-02. Then if you modify constants for what ever reason, you can transfer the program from the key pad to the drive.