Wonderware DASMBTCP to serial Communications

_Gregory

Hello,

I am in the process of upgrading a SCADA apllication to a windows 7 PC. The issue that i am running into is that Wondeware does not provide a MODBUS Serial driver that is compatible with Windows 7. I am aware of KepServerEX and TopServer but am trying to save on money. Has anyone used a MODBUS TCP\IP to MODBUS Serial converter? and if so how was the DASMBTCP server setup in Wonderware. I am currently trying to communicate with a Zetron RTU 1732 Radio. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

-Greg

Thank you D.Chris,

The manual was helpful, I was looking for a required step and found it. As for the Moxa, is there any specific details that i need prior to purchase? I am new Modbus Serial Protocol. Thanks,

-Greg

The protocol itself is standard, so all gateway is generally the same. Usually the things to consider is how much masters or slaves that you need, number of ports, connectors, speed, flow control, etc. Sometimes having a mapping feature (you can readdress the data coming from the slaves) is also helpful.

If it's only for a generic use, I believe there's not much to consider in the hardware side.

I may be wrong but I believe the dasmbtcp only supports modbus tcp, not tcp sockets or encapsulated serial. So you would need to use something that supports true modbus tcp like a lantronix xpress dr or digi one iap. These are usually more expensive than the serial bridges that do just the tcp sockets mode.

Hmm.. I'm not sure, but I had one project to communicate a woodward easygen controller to wonderware via rs-232. I used DASMBTCP as the IO server with a gateway for that project. Although at that time I'm using prosoft instead of moxa.

I was wondering about the Encapsulated serial, I have wonderware pacwest checking to that for me. it is my understanding that if the DASMBTCP does provide encapsulated serial messages than i would need just a Ethernet to serial converter, if not then i would need a device like the Dig one iap.

-Greg

Not sure on the mbtcp with tcp sockets. It sounds like we are going to go the Digi One IAP route, we have used one before on a different radio system. Thanks for all the help.
One last question, I only need to purchase one? the SCADA application will talk directly to the master, and through the master to all the slaves? Correct?

just to be sure, are your radios serial? if so, yes. the digi will tie into the master radio serial port and all of the devices connected to the slave radios should have their own unique rtu id.

Hello, I am new in this forum. I am developing a new SCADA (in Wonderware) to replace the old Visual Basic Application that communicate PC to a ZETRON 1732 (mudbus RTU option).
System use a serial/ethernet bridge to link both devices. I have configured a DASMBTCP driver and used several configuration parameters and It doesn´t work.

Using SMC and WWClient I realized the quality value for data is 001B (no connection).

Could anyone gime a pice of advice to resolve this issue?

Software system installed:
- Windows Server 2003 SP2
- DAServer MBTCP 1.5
- Wonderware Intouch 10.1

Do you think DASMBTCP is able to communicate with ZETRON 1732?

I also tryed with MBENET without success.

Thanks for your attention!!