Lauer, it's a HMI or IPC?

ckchew666

Hi all,

I've come across a plant which is using Lauer PCS 9000 (not sure it's a HMI or Industrial PC), has anyone come across this before? Can I replace it with a normal HMI instead? I do not know if this is known as PCS9000 or PCS9100 or PCS 8100, as I can see many models behind.

Currently there is a BIG dead spot on the screen already.

This Lauer is communicating with a Siemens S5 PLC.

Image005.jpg

Image006.jpg

Image007.jpg

Image008.jpg

Image009.jpg

Image014.jpg

Image013.jpg

Image(15).JPG

Indudstrial PC from manufacturer Balluff.

UK address below, German company not sure which countries they have offices in.
Balluff Ltd

The Automation Centre, Finney Lane, Heald Green, Cheadle, Cheshire SK8 3DF
Tel: 0161 282 4740

Classification:

http://www.lauer-systeme.net/sides/pcs/pcs_e.htm

It appears that PCS9000 was a dedicated HMI panel.
It says "PCS9000 / PCS9100 not avaliable" on the page I linked to above ! It has probably been declared obsolete.

If I were you, I would contact Lauer and ask them how to upgrade to a newer panel.
But I am afraid that they will ask you to supply the original project file for the HMI program running on the panel. If you dont have it, contact the supplier of the machine and ask them for it.