Trying to enable current out on a PFlex525

dcam

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've done this before a while ago. Feeling extra retarded tonight. Every time Try to download changed settings to drive it gives that yellow line in attached pict error. If I just try to download to processor it shows 2 errors, one for each drive I'm trying to change? (For a graphic in a Associated SE screen)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.PNG

My solution

There was a PAX object associated with the VFD that did not like me changing the data file. I did a parameter read into the PFlex525 for the current with a message instruction.

Yes I did. When I did I changed the exact data that the PAX object wanted to see (an additional INT for amps). This new job I am at uses PAX everywhere. I am acclimating to this. I actually got help from a senior programmer with this. He said that I could find the correct PAX object or do a PAR READ with a message instruction....I chose the later.

525 is a bit flakey when you try to download on that initial time to setup the input and output tables. So if you repeatedly tried to download that first time, I have found if i reset the drive to factory defaults. That initial download will take. Yea i know you have to reprogram that IP, but its the only way that works.

But make sure you have it on RSLinx before you download with your program configuration.

Also, IO config tree for 525 is really flakey for L61 and L71 and sometimes for earlier CompactLogix plcs. So if it does not work on the IO config tree is to use CCW (connected components workbench). CCW will work where IO config tree goes south.

Excellent info thank you. I had thought of a factory reset but lost my nerve due to the complicated parameters. Im sure I could have exported the parameter file....but I was scared......lol my boss is very critical and I am not super into being crucified for having a crucial system down.....Thank you.

I see your using ccw. By chance is the drive still connected to the plc when you try the download? Even if the drive is stopped, if the drive is connected to the plc, ccw will not like it.

If so, Perhaps try to disconnect the drive from the plc and try the download again.

Was using rslogix5000. I dont use CCW unless Im using micro800's. Ive heard the drive management is good on it. Thanks

My mistake. The principal is still the same, try putting the plc in program mode and see what happens.