SoMachine (Codesys based) Online Simulation Question

KHadley

Hello!

I think I have a basic question and I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of a solution.

I am new to PLC programming and my tool of necessity, SoMachine. I'm trying to test simple lines of logic (turn on and TOF a single lamp).

Somachine_Simnoworkie.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I enter online simulation mode, start the controller, and change the preset value of iStart... and nothing happens.

I feel like I am missing a key, and very basic, step (or understanding of how the simulation process works). I am almost embarrassed to ask, but I don't have any resources to tap in to. I've tried searching this forum, Google, and Youtube. Maybe I don't understand the software well enough to identify the correct search terms.

I'm good at eating crow, so fire away!

Thanks!

Keith

Solved

Hello All,

My Schneider rep finally got back to me, as expected, the solution was extremely basic. I was changing the "Prepared Value" and expecting the logic to execute, but didn't realize that I needed to select "Write Value" (CTRL-F7) to actually change the value.

Sorry for the basic question. Maybe someday someone with the exact question will find my experience helpful.