connectors

bitmonkey

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone know where I can purchase connectors like these? They are used on a Heraeus UV light system.
Thanks

UV connectors.jpg

That's what I'm trying to do, come up with a part number, lol, they have no markings. We are currently buying the whole cable from Heraeus at a huge markup because the large plug is molded to the cable. If I can figure out who to order the connectors from I can make my own and save a buck or two.

Get on Digikey's chat and upload a picture to them. They just recently helped me out with a TE Connectivity connector that had no markings.

That's what I'm trying to do, come up with a part number...

Click on the link above and narrow down the search, look at the fixture to find the AMP rating you know the number of conductor needed

Also try sending the picture to TE but they are also going to ask you the details

Just to prepare you though, it’s not at all unusual for OEMs to have custom molded connectors made that cannot be purchased outside of their own parts supply chain. It may be based on greed, but it also may be based upon very valid safety and/or liability issues.

Just to prepare you though, it’s not at all unusual for OEMs to have custom molded connectors made that cannot be purchased outside of their own parts supply chain. It may be based on greed, but it also may be based upon very valid safety and/or liability issues.

Understood. And I think that may be the case here. I can find the smaller connector that is not molded, but not the molded one.

I sent a pic to TECon. waiting for reply.

Thanks for the help guys!

If the plan is to make your own cables why would it need to be the same? Just find a 7 pin QD that fits the load and environment.

What, you don't like giving money to Leybold Horrendous?

It's made by Amp. Tyco. TE Connectivity.
High Voltage. Look at page 6-34 (PDF page 34). Link.
If that's not it, it's at least the series.

Years ago I tried to get one for a Gasonics Aura 1000. I think Amp built it special. All RTV'd together with red HV leads.

Additionally, prepare yourself for the cost of the crimper you'll need to crimp the pins. Last I checked, the handheld crimping tools we have in the shop for our TE connectors are near $1k per tool.

If you're only making the occasional cable, it may still make sense to buy OEM. The molded ends are probably more durable and less likely to allow **** into the connector too, if that's a potential issue for you.

-rpoet