Siemens ET200b issue

dwoodlock

Lifetime Supporting Member
I was curious if anyone has ever in their experience come across and issue similar to mine with the same hardware.

Basically this remote i/o block was repeatedly blowing 2.5A main fuses. after the (some large#) occurance of the fuse immediately blowing I got called in.

I supplied power to the module with a desktop 24vdc power supply, where I could set the current limit below the fuse so that I could try to troubleshoot the issue, and find out where the short was stemmed.

The module has 8-O/24-I and I have basically found that with power supplied to the Input side, the module works fine. As soon as you supply power to the Output section, current maxes out, and control voltage drops out. This even occurs when I disconnect all output wires from the module.

At this point Im basically thinking that its an eletronics issue, or something has died becuase of the reoccuring current spikes, perhaps someone here can point me in the right direction?

I know there are people on this board who've forgotten more than I've learned.

-Thanks in advance

Dan

so if you get your meter and check (wires disconnected) from output to common- what do you see?
shorted?
ie.. pin1 to pin 65

200s1.jpg

thanks

sometimes someone pointing you in the obvious direction is a huge help! you the man

Last edited: