WinCC <---> Excel communication

swapnil.naik

Hello,

I want to store data in WinCC into Excel, Like daily hour wise report or monthly report.

I have never attempted this stuff can anybody guide me or provide any documentation. Also help on data logging in SQL will also be great help.

Hello Swapnil Naik
1. If you only want to acquire data "online" (tags directly from WinCC) and store their values in Excel database, check the file OPC.pfd located on the computer where WinCC is installed (path drive:\Program Files\Siemens\WinCC\Documents\english\). The chapter "7.4.4 WinCC - Microsoft Excel Connection" gives an example about that.
2. If you want to access historical data (tags, alarms) from archives, you need to install WinCC/Connectivity Pack (with license) option of WinCC.
Regards,
teckhno

Thanks Techno !

I have successfully generated report in Excel which creates Hourly Report of attached tags and creates new excel sheet with File name & Hr & date.

If any one requires code kindly contact me !!

Hello Swapnil Naik, I am looking to do exactly the same thing you did and, although I have a script that export the data, it is based on an event and not on a cyclical count. Would you please post the code? Many thanks!

Regards,

BKC1

Easy with vb scripts

Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
Set objWorkbook = objExcel.Workbooks.Open("C:\reports\new report.xls")

you just need excel in your system...

Hello ScrapperPt,thanks for your answer but my problem is how to execute the script periodically.

Hello Swapnil Naik I will send you a pm with my email, many thanks!

Regards